July 12, 2013

Togetherness is Fun

The first ring Will gave me was so sweet and genuine and just beautiful. But he had something else up his sleeve. We were driving up to Canada to meet his grandparents, and took the route of Glacier National Park. We stopped at the top of Logan's Pass and got out to walk around a bit. As we neared the edge of the parking lot/cliff, Will pulled out a little tan ring box and once again asked me to marry him. And, of course I said yes!!! It was so much fun to have a second engagement :) It's been more than a month now, and I still catch myself just looking at my hand. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, but it's all worth it, and I'm really excited to marry my best friend. 55 days! 
The next weekend was the 4th of July, and it just so happened that I got to spend my first holiday with Will! It was fantastic. We went to a ward pancake breakfast and said hi to some friends there. Next up on the beautiful day was a speedy convertible cruise down the highway.
 Next up was the parade in Bigfork. It was great to see all the kids throwing candy and just having a good time in the sun with their families. The rest of the day we spent on the lake, soaking up the sun and just enjoying the holiday. After our delicious burgers and corn on the cob, we started watching the fireworks explode from all over the lake. The Canadians that come down for the weekend sure do know how to put on a show. For days there are fireworks going off for at least 4 hours every night the first week of July.
The day after the 4th (which is July 5th ;) ) Will and I went on a sweet strawberry picking date. We picked 6 lbs of fresh strawberries.
Then Dad had this genius idea to go on a hike. It was a gorgeous and we wanted an excuse to be outside, so we agreed to go. Little did we know that this hike would be nearly 10 miles basically straight up the mountain. Our feet and muscles were screaming at us for days afterward. But we had a good time together, and that's all that matters.

The last day I spent with my fiance was spent taking engagement pictures. It was so much fun to look back at how we interact with each other. Conclusion: we're a pair of goof balls :) I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment