We decided to get married in the Seattle, WA temple, and my grandpa was able to be the sealer for us, so that was really special. The day started out really rainy, but by 9 or so it wasn’t too bad. I started doing my hair and makeup around 7:30 that morning just so I could be ready for a break in the rain. It wasn’t happening, so we decided to go take pictures in the drizzle just in case it would get worse later in the day. The cute old men at the desk of the temple gave us an umbrella that actually looked pretty cute in some of the pictures we took. The lighting the clouds provided was actually great. In most of the pictures you can’t even tell that it was raining.
So then we went our separate ways for a few hours. I took a nap/watched Say Yes to the Dress in my hotel room with Meredith. I didn’t have to be at the temple until 1, so we just relaxed. But once we left that hotel room, I didn’t have much time to breath. We got to the temple got everything ready. My grandpa found us and chatted with us for a few minutes before we all headed to the sealing room. It was such an amazing sight to see all our families there supporting us. So many smiles and happy faces.
I don’t remember the words that were said, but I remember feeling and thinking, “That was it?” It wasn’t until recently that I realized that being sealed in the temple wasn’t going to change the way I felt instantly, it was a process that I had begun long ago. Being married was just the cherry on top, as well as the start of something completely new and exciting.
We walked out of the temple, took a few pictures with family, and then took our own sweet time driving to the park where the reception was. Nothing felt different. I was still Anika, he was still Will. At the reception there were lots of friends and family. The food and cupcakes were delicious and it was fun to meet lots of Will's friends. When 7 finally rolled around, it couldn't have come any sooner.
I had no idea about any honeymoon plans, so it was fun to be surprised with a suite in a nice hotel that night. The rest of the week we spent on the Washington coast. It was pretty, but overcast and windy for most days, so we didn’t spend much time outside like I wanted to. But hey, we were on our honeymoon and we didn’t care.
A week after we got married, we had a second reception in my hometown for all my friends and family. It was so much fun to decorate prepare for that one, too. Again, the food was fantastic and the cake was very delicious. White cake with huckleberry filling and buttercream frosting...yum!!!
Now we're both back in school and attempting to make our little apartment look like a home. We've almost been married for a month, and we've both learned a lot about each other in that time. It's been such a wonderful adventure
Fun Fact: My wedding dress was a strapless gown when I bought it at a cute little boutique our small town. I needed something more modest, so I added sleeves to it. It was a lot of hard work and long hours of hand sewing lace and beads, but it turned out better than I had hoped!











No comments:
Post a Comment