Over Memorial Day weekend William was able to come visit me in Montana. We spent some time in Glacier Park attempting to go on a hike. Though due to bear sightings, those plans were post-poned. But that didn't stop us from having fun!
The very next weekend I was able to spend a few more days with my favorite person in his hometown. He picked me up from the airport and we drove to the temple after dropping off my bags at his parents' house. It was a beautiful day and the flowers were just gorgeous. We walked around the temple grounds and eventually found a bench to sit on. I was already so happy and smily from just being and talking with Will, but he had a surprise for me. He reached in his pocket to pull out an orange prescription bottle and said, "I have something for you." Now I was really confused about what was happening. He took off the lid, pulled out a few cotton balls and dumped out...a ring! Will took my hands and turned to face me as he got down on one knee. It was a simple question he had: "Anika, will you marry me?" Of course I said yes! The ring is so very special; it's something he made from his guitar string for me to wear while the other one is being completed. I love it!
The next few hours of our Sunday afternoon were quite eventful. We called both of our families and close friends. 4 hours later we finally had our world notified of our engagement :) The next couple days we began planning the wedding by picking a date for the wedding. We decided on September 6 at the Seattle temple. It seemed appropriate since two monumental occasions had happened there already.
Now that our lives together are set in motion, we can get back to the silly goofballs we love to be.


No comments:
Post a Comment