April 21, 2012

Sibling Saturday

When was the last time you and your siblings spent more than 2 hours together? Today was my family's day to do just that. We started out the day by running a 5K. Crazy, I know. A couple months back I needed a little motivation to keep running and working out, so I made my sister and brothers agree to run it with me. It actually went really well, at least I thought. I finished the race with a time of 34.02 minutes as the 92 girl of 849 to cross the finish line. Pretty decent for a non-runner.
5 minutes before the race began
After the race we all got free chocolate milk and Creamies!
first 2 (of the four of us) to cross the finish line

The next item on the agenda: Shopping! On our way to the new mall, we stopped to pick up the boys who were with my uncle and cousin out at the shooting range. My sister and I actually decided to join in on the fun! We got to shoot a .22 shotgun and a 9mm berreta (the kind of pistol James Bond uses). Next time remind me to use a silencer!

Finally we get to the mall and head straight to the good stuff...Chick-fil-A. Probably the best chicken ever. It tasted so good after a long morning of running and shooting.

We wandered around for a good 3 hours after lunch. All the stores were jammed packed and had enormous checkout lines. Most of the time we just went in to the shops to see how much money we wouldn't be spending. In one place my brother tried on a sports coat that literally had a price tag for $2000. Not our kind of store. So we walked over to look around in Tiffany's. Very pretty diamonds and jewels...just mega expensive! The lowest priced ones they had there were still $18,000! Still not our kind of store.

Finally we find one where we can spend money, Claires! Who says Claires is just for girls?

I am proud to say that I walked away from every store with a clean credit card and no bags. What a fun day we spent together. Long and tiring, but fun nonetheless. We definitely earned our long-awaited beds tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment