April 26, 2012

One Long Day

I've been busy these last couple of days. Not with homework or something of the sort. It was more like traveling. Traveling to Walt Disneyworld! I had 3 connections to make before I finally made it to my check-in rendezvous point. 



 On one of the planes the couple sitting next to me had this cute little "service dog." Have you ever seen a toy poodle as a service dog. Me either. Because technically they don't exist. This old couple didn't want to have to pay the extra money for their dog to just sit in a box under the seat, so they got a service dog jacket for her. Rosie was the nicest and sweetest dog I have ever seen ride a plane. If I ever had to own a pet, I think I would be ok with a toy poodle.

I was on a red eye flight all the way to Orlando and the sunrise from the plane was just beautiful. My poor little phone just couldn't capture the grandeur of the rays lighting the world.


The last part of my traveling day ended with a shuttle ride into Orlando to the check in point where I would get my new apartment keys and roommate list. There were so many new cast members from BYU, BYU-Idaho, and BYU-Hawaii, all of them handpicked to work in the happiest place on earth!



Once we moved in all our luggage (I was a light packer with 2 suitcases opposed to the 4 my roommate brought) and unpacked a little bit, we had to head over to the Casting building on the bus to get our fingerprints done and to find out where exactly in the park we will be working. Two of my roommates got to find out right away. One is working in a cute little shop in the Magic Kingdom and the other is a trail guide of some sort in the Animal Kingdom. My other roommate (who will also be a lifeguard) and myself were told we had to pass the swim test before we found out where we can spread the magic.


 So I suited up (ha ha I made a joke) and walked over to the pool at Mickey's Retreat. Have you ever heard of it? I hadn't. It's this recreational center across the street from my complex that only cast members (Disney employees) are allowed to use. O, and just for Lars: across the street and down 2 blocks from my complex is a Chick-fil-A :)


I passed the swim test and was finally told where I am going to work....both the Yacht Club Resort and Beach Club Resort! These two resorts are built with a New England influence and have sand bottom pools and a beach, right in the middle of the Disney park. I have orientation on Friday and Saturday and then I can start the lifeguard certification class on Monday! Hopefully I will be in my red suit and shorts by this time next week!

My new singles' ward had a little meet and greet with the Bishop, so we went to that and were rewarded with day old bread from a Disney bakery where the Bishop's wife works. It smelled and tasted so good! Which reminded us that we had absolutely no food in our cupboards. So y roommates and I headed to the nearest Walmart and started checking off our lists. By the end of 2 hours we had 2 lovely cart-fulls for the 4 of us.


I was so exhausted by the end of the day that I could barely stay awake to make my bed. You could say this was one long exciting day!