March 4, 2012

Out of the Box

During the week I don't really have time to do the creative cooking and crafting that I would like to. Instead, usually Sundays are filled with some sort of project that lasts most of the afternoon. My roommate has a birthday this week so I decided my baking would be for her. I made her favorite: yellow cake with chocolate frosting. What's so exciting and different about that, you ask? Well I'll show you.


My roommie's favorite movie of all time is Beauty and the Beast. We even went to see it in 3D a few weeks back. I have never made a cake like this before, so I decided to branch out. I still need to work on a uniform frosting technique, but it looks pretty good for a first-timer. What do you think?

yes, this is for an adult :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are a special lady and I am glad to be your roommate. Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! It's official you're in charge of all my kids birthday cakes for the rest of forever! That's an awesome cake.

    ReplyDelete