February 14, 2012

Sharing the Warm Fuzzies

The other day when I was grocery shoppping in good old Walmart, I walked by this shirt and just started laughing. I don't know why it's so funny, but I thought I could share the giggles.


Did you know that I like surprises? Well I do, but what I love even more is helping to surprise someone. It just tickles my heart to know that I made someone's day happier, and I've kept lots of secrets, surprises, and good feelings that finally surfaced today.

Number 1: This past week roommate 1's boyfriend and I have been planning a Valentine's Day surprise for her. I must say it is harder than you think to not say anything at all. But I succeeded and not a single hint was dropped. Yesterday the boyfriend's roommate dropped off a bouquet of flowers and a cute little teddy bear with chocolates while they were at the grocery store. I hid the goodies in my closet all evening. Last night after she finally fell asleep, I snuck into her room and placed the vase of flowers and the teddy bear in front of her mirror so she noticed them first thing. She definitely was surprised and felt special all day. warm fuzzies!



Number 2: Roommate 1 was up late doing homework so I had to find something to keep me awake as well. Naturally, I started baking and making yummy desserts for today's festivities.  I made red velvet cake, some cake truffles, and chocolate covered strawberries (after homework, of course). warm fuzzies!





Number 3: As some of you know, I have been writing letters to a missionary friend. He is such an great person who is always an example to others around him and doing courageous things. I whipped up this cute little message and sent it with rootbeer, his favorite soda. warm fuzzies!


Number 4: (Ok not really a secret or a surprise) To top it all off, it was a lovely cold day with just a little snow on the ground. Perfect pre-spring weather. warm fuzzies!

 It was a splendid day full of smiles and love for the people in my life. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. I love your posts girly! I was so glad to see you this last weekend! Can't wait for the event to occur again soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it seem like baking a cake and make all those perfect looking treats happens in 10 minutes.. Im impressed. Bake with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally busted a gut at that shirt! It's awesome. Also your surprises are great, especially the missionary one. He'll love it. Surprises are definitely the spice of life.

    ReplyDelete