The best part about Christmas break isn't the gifts or eating home cooked meals (though those are a big high light). For me the best part is being able to catch up with dear friends I hadn't had a full conversation with for about 3 months. When we got together, the conversation lasted for a good 5 hours. Lots of things happen when you're at college (or abroad in Italy). I love you, girlies!
But it's inevitable to not talk about Christmas gifts in a post about the break. I got a couple of great gifts and even a cool new gadget. I spent Boxing Day experimenting with my new Cricut Cake. I have never made fondant and used it on a cake before, so I decided to do that too. I think it turned out great for a first run!
When I have the time, I tend to get a little crafty...ok a lot crafty. And over the Christmas break, I had nothing but time. I made myself a button bracelet, an idea I got from Pinterest. Also I made my mom some knitting counters for when she has a big knitting project.
The craziest and longest project I did this break was a combination of efforts of myself and my mom. She was cleaning out the fabric closet where a beautiful brown dress had been hanging for quite some time. It fit me and I loved the fabric, but it was just a little too formal, and a bit immodest.
We spent a good 5 days or so recreating a new bodice with sleeves from a coordinating fabric. It was a lot of hard work to get a good fit, but it was all worth the long sewing days.
On my last day at home, my parents and I decided to head up to the ski resort for a few runs. We didn't stay long (the snow wasn't the greatest) but it was a lot of fun to feel the cold air on my face and just speed down the mountain.






No comments:
Post a Comment