Today I was trying to put in an invisible zipper in my skirt (sewing class), but it just was not working. I took a break and did some samples to so I wouldn't freak out and get frustrated. I came back to the zipper and carefully pinned it down and started again. About halfway through, the machine squeaks once and snap! The needle broke into three pieces. Three pieces! I put a new needle in an started again. I got about a quarter of the way through and squeak...snap! My needle breaks again. By this time I was just about to throw a tantrum and just give up, but I sat at the machine and very slowly tried everything one more time. The third time's a charm; nothing broke and I got all the way to the end. Though by this point I couldn't handle studying or focusing to write a research paper. An hour later I found myself at the grocery and craft stores, purchasing things to be crafty with.
A few lollipop sticks, googly eyes, a box of Nilla wafers, and candy canes later, I was back home to start crafting and baking my stress away. First up: cute little candy cane reindeer. They were simple and cute and will be great to add to a visiting teaching message or something of the sort.
Next was a little more time consuming project. I had recently read my aunt's blog, Like a Pretty Petunia, and found a cute cookie recipe that seemed super delicious and easy.
Somewhere in the stirring of caramel, melting chocolate, and tying bows I was able to forget about being stressed and could finish my studying for the day.
If anyone needs to be de-stressed, I would recommend making treats. It's fun and comes with a tasty reward!
Candy therapy--works like a charm every time. Glad you gave the cookie pops a whirl. I have tweaked them a little. I'll post about it soon. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThose santa things look delicious!! If we were closer I think those pops would have disappeared from your table right into my mouth!
ReplyDelete