June 1, 2011

My Little Chef

This week I've been babysitting kid-sitting my cousin and have had some pretty fun adventures, most of them in the kitchen. They started off with a fresh omelet, toast, and sausage made by the chef himself. It sure was delicious!


 The next creation was concocted out of boredom when it was raining outside. A quick trip to Winco for a few ingredients and we got started with a strawberry cake mix.

 
We found some strawberries in the fridge, so we cut those up and put them inside for the filling along with some whipped cream. YUM!
 Before he could run behind the camera, I snapped a picture My Little Chef dirty-icing like a pro.




The next step: edible art. We had limited sources (strawberries and chocolate frosting) but I think it turned out great for two rookies! 

  
Lesson of the day: who cares what it looks like...it still tastes the same. And just happens to be

 ...pink with vanilla frosting...


1 comment:

  1. what do you mean two rookies this is amazing!!I bet it probably tasted amazing!!

    ReplyDelete