Every summer I find myself tucked away in my room for days at a time reading. I have read every Harry Potter book every summer since fourth grade. Reading the whole series though now takes about a good solid week of reading. Yes I reread books, but I like knowing the ending and then seeing for myself what the author knows all along; seeing all the details line up to make the ending work just the way it did.
What I love about reading is that each story can give you a glimpse of the world from someone else's perspective, letting you see life from a new angle. Reading lets me escape into old Victorian times where all you worry about is the next party to attend, get lost in the jungle of New York and high fashion, or even feel the intensity of the heat of battle with nothing more but the clothes on your back. With in this first week of May I have read 3 books which have taken me to those exact moments and more:



No comments:
Post a Comment